In a full-page ad in the Tribune on Nov. 17, we noticed that over 100 Catholic and Protestant clergy signed a letter encouraging Gov. Gary Herbert to expand Medicaid. Since then we have noted there have been letters in the public forum from physicians, nurses, social workers, other health care providers, small-business owners and prominent citizens also requesting Herbert to expand Medicaid.
During this time we also noted the LDS Church’s apparent neutrality on this question. How can a church remain neutral on this obviously moral issue? This could be the most important decision Herbert will make as our governor. We hope he can be persuaded to make the right choice.
Richard and Myrna Paxton
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13