Americans are floundering until the economy recovers. The economy won't recover until there are enough non-government jobs to employ the masses, and there will not be sufficient jobs until we address the issue that caused our job losses in the first place, our inability to compete with the rest of the world.
We lost our competitiveness in the early ’80s and jobs started leaving. Our representatives in Washington are doing nothing. They either don't get it or lack the courage to take on the issue. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's sitting right in their midst. The Fair Tax Bill, or HR25, takes on the issue of our lack of competitiveness and solves it.
By changing our federal income tax system from taxing all forms of personal income to a national sales tax on new goods and services, we win. This new system eliminates all embedded taxes and tax-associated costs throughout the manufacturing process. All of a sudden America arguably becomes the low-cost place in the world to do business and therefore the place to build your new factory. Good paying jobs return. Americans win.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16