Americans are floundering until the economy recovers. The economy won't recover until there are enough non-government jobs to employ the masses, and there will not be sufficient jobs until we address the issue that caused our job losses in the first place, our inability to compete with the rest of the world.
We lost our competitiveness in the early ’80s and jobs started leaving. Our representatives in Washington are doing nothing. They either don't get it or lack the courage to take on the issue. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's sitting right in their midst. The Fair Tax Bill, or HR25, takes on the issue of our lack of competitiveness and solves it.
By changing our federal income tax system from taxing all forms of personal income to a national sales tax on new goods and services, we win. This new system eliminates all embedded taxes and tax-associated costs throughout the manufacturing process. All of a sudden America arguably becomes the low-cost place in the world to do business and therefore the place to build your new factory. Good paying jobs return. Americans win.
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- Letter: Moral decline 85
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 51
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 37