She had flipped her alliance from Apostol, Peterson and Culpepper to Moss and Collins during the Tribal Council on Day 32 during the Dec. 4 episode, which ended in a tie twice between Moss and Culpepper. So, per the rules of “Survivor,” since they couldn't unanimously decide between Moss or Culpepper, they drew rocks. Moss and Culpepper were safe as was Peterson, who had won the Immunity/Reward Challenge earlier in the day. It was Collins, Eastin and Apostol who drew rocks from a bag; the person who drew the white rock was sent to Redemption Island. Apostol, who had an Immunity Idol in his bag, was last to draw.
He and Eastin drew black rocks and Collins, who drew first, had the white rock and her torch was extinguished.
It was only the second time in 27 seasons of “Survivor” where the castaways drew rocks.
At this point in the game, each player is looking for a way to get to the final three while being mindful of potential jury votes.
During Wednesday’s episode, Moss and Eastin tried to find the Immunity Idol, which Apostol had already found. They also tried to sway Culpepper to voting for Peterson and flip on her alliance with Apostol and Peterson.
“We’re on the bottom, Ciera and me, we get it — it’s two versus three. You feel the pressure,” Moss said of the alliances among the remaining five castaways during an emotional Tribal Council on Day 35. “Sometimes things don’t go your way in the challenges, but there are other aspects of the game you can control.”
Eastin and Moss played on Culpepper’s emotions in trying to sway her to vote with them, and Apostol and Peterson tried to remind her that they trusted her and those things aren’t true.
“I drew rocks because I knew I could trust Monica until the end,” Apostol said as he tried to calm Culpepper.
“No matter how sure you are in your alliance, when you hear things, your mind starts to think about it,” Peterson said. “We saw what happened with Ciera last week. It plays on your mind and it can happens that fast.”
In the end, Culpepper voted with her alliance to send Moss to Redemption Island.
“It’s very clear there is a tight alliance of three and Ciera on the outside,” host Jeff Probst said. “There is one wild card — Redemption Island and who will come back and how will they change the game.”
The “Survivor: Blood vs. Water” finale and live reunion show airs Sunday evening on CBS.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- NBC announces lead for live musical 'Peter Pan'
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- George W. Bush writes book about father 1
- Behind the scenes of the Utah... 1