Beijer Electronics announces expansion of Salt Lake City office
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development on Thursday announced that Beijer Electronics will expand its Salt Lake City office, creating 71 new full-time jobs over the next decade.
Beijer Electronics designs and manufactures human machine interface products for industrial original equipment manufacturers and vehicle system integrators. With a current Utah workforce of 94 people, the company provides products to customers around the world, including automation software, operator panels and mobile data terminals.
Over the 10-year life of the agreement with the state, the company will pay out nearly $38 million in new state wages. All of the jobs with tax credit incentive will pay at least 125 percent of Salt Lake County’s average annual wage, including benefits.
As part of a contract with Beijer Electronics, the GOED Board of Directors approved a maximum cap tax credit of nearly $1.1 million in the form of a post-performance Economic Development Tax Increment Finance incentive, which is 20 percent of the net taxes the company will pay over the 10-year life of the agreement.
Each year as Beijer Electronics meets the criteria in its contract with the state, it will earn a portion of the tax credit incentive.
To learn about available positions at Beijer Electronics, visit the company website at beijerelectronics.com.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17