Beijer Electronics announces expansion of Salt Lake City office
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development on Thursday announced that Beijer Electronics will expand its Salt Lake City office, creating 71 new full-time jobs over the next decade.
Beijer Electronics designs and manufactures human machine interface products for industrial original equipment manufacturers and vehicle system integrators. With a current Utah workforce of 94 people, the company provides products to customers around the world, including automation software, operator panels and mobile data terminals.
Over the 10-year life of the agreement with the state, the company will pay out nearly $38 million in new state wages. All of the jobs with tax credit incentive will pay at least 125 percent of Salt Lake County’s average annual wage, including benefits.
As part of a contract with Beijer Electronics, the GOED Board of Directors approved a maximum cap tax credit of nearly $1.1 million in the form of a post-performance Economic Development Tax Increment Finance incentive, which is 20 percent of the net taxes the company will pay over the 10-year life of the agreement.
Each year as Beijer Electronics meets the criteria in its contract with the state, it will earn a portion of the tax credit incentive.
To learn about available positions at Beijer Electronics, visit the company website at beijerelectronics.com.
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- 9 of the worst things you can do to your...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 71
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 17
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that... 12