Quoting a part of Bob Bennett's article ("Create wealth before distributing it," Dec. 9): "... the golden eggs should be distributed [to the poor], but the most important thing to do to alleviate poverty is to make sure the golden goose stays healthy enough to continue to lay them."
I get the feeling many believe they are entitled to have constant deliveries from the government's endless shelves of golden eggs, that they exist on the shelves from some unidentifiable bird, without any planning, effort or work. If we're dealing with a bunch of sick golden geese that can't perform, we're not going to get even one egg until they're fixed and working. As Bennett said, "wealth is created ..."
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22