What's new: 'In Wisdom and Order,' by President Boyd K. Packer
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
"IN WISDOM AND ORDER," by Boyd K. Packer, Deseret Book, $25.99, 260 pages (nf)
President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, has released a book containing a collection of addresses and speeches from the past five decades.
"See that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."
The book features excerpts from his conference talks, mission presidents seminars and other speeches given during the past 50 years in an effort to instruct and inspire readers.
The book is divided into six parts:
1. Gospel foundations
2. Principles for perfection
4. Youth and family
5. Teachers and servants
6. Lessons from our leaders
Within these sections are messages on faith, self-reliance and temple covenants, as well as timeless stories from President Packer's life experiences.
President Packer was called to be a general authority in 1961 and in 1970 was ordained as an apostle in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was born in Brigham City, Utah, and served as a pilot in the U.S. Air Force during World War II. He's married to Donna Edith Smith Packer, and they are the parents of 10 children.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals who...
- Thousands of youth participate in the Days of...
- Catholic leaders speak out as controversy...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 33
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Who boos an opening prayer? The... 7
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 7
- Catholic leaders speak out as... 4