What's new: 'In Wisdom and Order,' by President Boyd K. Packer
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
"IN WISDOM AND ORDER," by Boyd K. Packer, Deseret Book, $25.99, 260 pages (nf)
President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, has released a book containing a collection of addresses and speeches from the past five decades.
"See that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."
The book features excerpts from his conference talks, mission presidents seminars and other speeches given during the past 50 years in an effort to instruct and inspire readers.
The book is divided into six parts:
1. Gospel foundations
2. Principles for perfection
4. Youth and family
5. Teachers and servants
6. Lessons from our leaders
Within these sections are messages on faith, self-reliance and temple covenants, as well as timeless stories from President Packer's life experiences.
President Packer was called to be a general authority in 1961 and in 1970 was ordained as an apostle in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was born in Brigham City, Utah, and served as a pilot in the U.S. Air Force during World War II. He's married to Donna Edith Smith Packer, and they are the parents of 10 children.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- President Thomas S. Monson: 'Be an Example...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- Leaders close conference by urging Mormons to...
- Photos: LDS general conference Sunday morning...
- President Russell M. Nelson: 'A Plea to My...
- In Saturday's General Conference sessions,...
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 46
- Unique LDS family doctrine still drives... 32
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 29
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th,... 27
- Pope meeting with Kim Davis sparks... 15
- In Saturday's General Conference... 15
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12