What's new: 'In Wisdom and Order,' by President Boyd K. Packer
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
"IN WISDOM AND ORDER," by Boyd K. Packer, Deseret Book, $25.99, 260 pages (nf)
President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, has released a book containing a collection of addresses and speeches from the past five decades.
"See that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."
The book features excerpts from his conference talks, mission presidents seminars and other speeches given during the past 50 years in an effort to instruct and inspire readers.
The book is divided into six parts:
1. Gospel foundations
2. Principles for perfection
4. Youth and family
5. Teachers and servants
6. Lessons from our leaders
Within these sections are messages on faith, self-reliance and temple covenants, as well as timeless stories from President Packer's life experiences.
President Packer was called to be a general authority in 1961 and in 1970 was ordained as an apostle in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was born in Brigham City, Utah, and served as a pilot in the U.S. Air Force during World War II. He's married to Donna Edith Smith Packer, and they are the parents of 10 children.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5