Utah Basketball: Utes to play Kansas Jayhawks next season
Brennan Linsley, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's nonconference basketball schedule in 2014-15 got a lot more difficult with an announcement on Wednesday. The Utes will take on Kansas at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Dec. 13, 2014.
“We’re excited about it,” Utah athletics director Chris Hill said of the neutral site game. “It’s something that I think our program is ready to do as we continue to make progress.”
Utah and Kansas have played only once before. The No. 2 Jayhawks defeated the No. 8 Utes 79-68 in the 1995-96 season opener at Kansas City’s Kemper Arena. Keith Van Horn led the Utes with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
Next year’s meeting was met with enthusiasm by the players.
“It just shows that our program is building,” said sophomore Jordan Loveridge. “We can play teams like that now. So it’s just good for the program.”
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40