Utah Basketball: Utes to play Kansas Jayhawks next season
Brennan Linsley, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's nonconference basketball schedule in 2014-15 got a lot more difficult with an announcement on Wednesday. The Utes will take on Kansas at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Dec. 13, 2014.
“We’re excited about it,” Utah athletics director Chris Hill said of the neutral site game. “It’s something that I think our program is ready to do as we continue to make progress.”
Utah and Kansas have played only once before. The No. 2 Jayhawks defeated the No. 8 Utes 79-68 in the 1995-96 season opener at Kansas City’s Kemper Arena. Keith Van Horn led the Utes with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
Next year’s meeting was met with enthusiasm by the players.
“It just shows that our program is building,” said sophomore Jordan Loveridge. “We can play teams like that now. So it’s just good for the program.”
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 39
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23