Utah Basketball: Utes to play Kansas Jayhawks next season
Brennan Linsley, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's nonconference basketball schedule in 2014-15 got a lot more difficult with an announcement on Wednesday. The Utes will take on Kansas at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Dec. 13, 2014.
“We’re excited about it,” Utah athletics director Chris Hill said of the neutral site game. “It’s something that I think our program is ready to do as we continue to make progress.”
Utah and Kansas have played only once before. The No. 2 Jayhawks defeated the No. 8 Utes 79-68 in the 1995-96 season opener at Kansas City’s Kemper Arena. Keith Van Horn led the Utes with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
Next year’s meeting was met with enthusiasm by the players.
“It just shows that our program is building,” said sophomore Jordan Loveridge. “We can play teams like that now. So it’s just good for the program.”
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 78
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20