Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams expected to play; Kings players on hold
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — It appears the Utah Jazz will be back to full strength tonight.
The Sacramento Kings, however, might not know if they'll have all of their players until right before the 8 p.m. MT tipoff.
At Wednesday's shootaround, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said that both Derrick Favors (back) and Marvin Williams (heel) "looked good" during the workout. The two are listed as game-time decisions, but Corbin anticipates that both will play against the Kings.
Utah (4-19) has lost all four games since Williams left the lineup due to inflammation in his right foot last week. Favors has sat out the past two games, including Saturday's 112-102 overtime setback to Sacramento at ESA.
The Jazz will return to their starting lineup of Favors at center, Williams as the stretch-four power forward, point guard Trey Burke, shooting guard Gordon Hayward and small forward Richard Jefferson.
"I think the team is different with their presence on the defensive end, their communication skills," Corbin said. "The way the other guys respond to them on both ends of the floor. Offensively, we can (stretch) things out with those guys.
"They’re a huge part of what we’re trying to do."
As for the Kings, they're still unsure whether newcomers Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray will be able to make their Sacramento debuts tonight after being traded from Toronto on Monday.
The Raptors are waiting for traded point guard Greivis Vasquez to arrive in Toronto, according to the Sacramento Bee and reports from Kings at shootaround. Once he arrives, presumably this afternoon, Vasquez will have to undergo and pass a physical exam for the trade to be finalized, per NBA rules.
Patrick Patterson, Chuck Hayes and John Salmons have already passed their physicals in Toronto.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27