"Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
"Rudeness to fellow fans or stadium personnel
"Possession of alcoholic beverages in Notre Dame Stadium
"Visibly intoxicated or disruptive fans"
No wonder their fans are so awesome. They get a visual reminder every time they enter the stadium of what being a good fan is. I soooo need this on my mirror.
5. Good will is contagious. So I don't know if you heard, but it was freezing in South Bend when we were there. Like 9 degrees or something terribly insane. But was I miserable? Nope. Happiness breeds happiness, I believe, and because we felt so welcome and comfortable, we were able to be more welcoming ourselves. Because of this we were open to meeting new people who we now call friends. We were able to endure all four quarters with snow whipping in our faces with the group of fans snuggled together in the stands with smiles on our faces. Even though our extremities were frozen solid at the end, we totally left with warm hearts. (Total cheese, but totally serious.)
6. Traditions unite. At Notre Dame, traditions run deep, from the trophy room to the player march around campus to the old Irish song they blare over the speakers when the players take the field. You can't help but get excited when you are witnessing these traditions, Notre Dame fan or not. Traditions make you feel a part of something, something bigger than yourself. They unite in a common cause. Standing on the Notre Dame campus, I decided that I want traditions that unite my family, that bring us together for a bigger purpose. Goal set.
Needless to say, we boarded our plane home with lots of lessons learned. lost game and all. Thank you, South Bend. You will always have a soft spot in this lady's heart.
Ashley Stallings is a mother of two and a lifestyle and fashion blogger at www.flatstoflipflops.com. She blogs about real life and real fashion for real women. You can email her at email@example.com.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Elder Holland discusses religious freedom,...
- 'My mission in 5 minutes': Sister missionary...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 106
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 15
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning... 13
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Elder Holland discusses religious... 6