"Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
"Rudeness to fellow fans or stadium personnel
"Possession of alcoholic beverages in Notre Dame Stadium
"Visibly intoxicated or disruptive fans"
No wonder their fans are so awesome. They get a visual reminder every time they enter the stadium of what being a good fan is. I soooo need this on my mirror.
5. Good will is contagious. So I don't know if you heard, but it was freezing in South Bend when we were there. Like 9 degrees or something terribly insane. But was I miserable? Nope. Happiness breeds happiness, I believe, and because we felt so welcome and comfortable, we were able to be more welcoming ourselves. Because of this we were open to meeting new people who we now call friends. We were able to endure all four quarters with snow whipping in our faces with the group of fans snuggled together in the stands with smiles on our faces. Even though our extremities were frozen solid at the end, we totally left with warm hearts. (Total cheese, but totally serious.)
6. Traditions unite. At Notre Dame, traditions run deep, from the trophy room to the player march around campus to the old Irish song they blare over the speakers when the players take the field. You can't help but get excited when you are witnessing these traditions, Notre Dame fan or not. Traditions make you feel a part of something, something bigger than yourself. They unite in a common cause. Standing on the Notre Dame campus, I decided that I want traditions that unite my family, that bring us together for a bigger purpose. Goal set.
Needless to say, we boarded our plane home with lots of lessons learned. lost game and all. Thank you, South Bend. You will always have a soft spot in this lady's heart.
Ashley Stallings is a mother of two and a lifestyle and fashion blogger at www.flatstoflipflops.com. She blogs about real life and real fashion for real women. You can email her at email@example.com.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Bishop Gérald Caussé announced...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected by...
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 51
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 40
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the... 26
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 21
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17