Police name person of interest in fatal stabbing near Salt Lake City shelter
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a woman they have named in a person of interest in a fatal stabbing near a downtown homeless shelter on Nov. 20.
Investigators believe Natalie Fern Bluehouse, 50, may have information about the death of a man who was found with stab wounds near the shelter at 210 South Rio Grande. Bluehouse frequents the shelter, according to a Salt Lake City police spokeswoman.
Willie D. Hollingsworth, 49, of Arizona, was found on the northeast corner of the shelter with an unknown problem on Nov. 20. It wasn't until Hollingsworth was examined by doctors at the hospital that they discovered he had been stabbed in the abdomen, according to police. Hollingsworth later died from his injuries.
Police did not specify why Bluehouse is a person of interest or how they connected her to the case. They warned the public not to make contact with her, but to call 801-799-3000 with any information.
Tips can also be submitted by text message by texting the keyword TIPSLCPD to 274637.
Bluehouse is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 200 pounds, of Native American descent, with black hair and brown eyes.
A search of court records revealed Bluehouse has a long history of alcohol-related misdemeanor offenses dating back to 2002. She pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 2008, as well as attempted possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and aggravated assault in 2010.
— McKenzie Romero
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor young...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Mother of slain baby to serve 90 days in jail
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 67
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20