SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a woman they have named in a person of interest in a fatal stabbing near a downtown homeless shelter on Nov. 20.
Investigators believe Natalie Fern Bluehouse, 50, may have information about the death of a man who was found with stab wounds near the shelter at 210 South Rio Grande. Bluehouse frequents the shelter, according to a Salt Lake City police spokeswoman.
Willie D. Hollingsworth, 49, of Arizona, was found on the northeast corner of the shelter with an unknown problem on Nov. 20. It wasn't until Hollingsworth was examined by doctors at the hospital that they discovered he had been stabbed in the abdomen, according to police. Hollingsworth later died from his injuries.
Police did not specify why Bluehouse is a person of interest or how they connected her to the case. They warned the public not to make contact with her, but to call 801-799-3000 with any information.
Tips can also be submitted by text message by texting the keyword TIPSLCPD to 274637.
Bluehouse is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 200 pounds, of Native American descent, with black hair and brown eyes.
A search of court records revealed Bluehouse has a long history of alcohol-related misdemeanor offenses dating back to 2002. She pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 2008, as well as attempted possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and aggravated assault in 2010.
— McKenzie Romero
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- South Jordan mayor says idea to split Jordan...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 26
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 14
- No money for House Speaker Becky... 13