BYU volleyball: two Cougars receive All-Pacific South Region accolades
Two Cougar volleyball players received American Volleyball Coaches Association regional honors Tuesday following a second consecutive trip to the Sweet 16.
Sophomore Alexa Gray received AVCA All-Pacific South Region honors. Gray leads the Cougars with 3.91 kills per set and averages 4.35 points per set. Earlier this season, she was named to the All-WCC first team and was a WCC Player of the Week in September. Last season, Gray was named AVCA All-Pacific Region Honorable Mention.
Sophomore setter Camry Godfrey was named AVCA All-Pacific South Region Honorable Mention. Godfrey averages 10.90 assists per set and finished second in the West Coast Conference in that same category. She also adds 2.19 digs per set for the Cougars. Her assists are good for No. 40 in NCAA Division I volleyball.
The Cougars face No. 6 USC in the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament Friday at 7 p.m. PST in Los Angeles.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down Big 12...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- College football countdown No. 43: BYU...
- Athlete's tribute: 'Show me a legend and...
- BYU volleyball: 10 Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU tennis: three Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU soccer: Cougars net 14 mentions on WCC...
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29