PROVO — McKay Jensen has been selected to fill the open position representing District 3 on the Provo City School District Board of Education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
The board held interviews on Dec. 4 and selected Jensen following the meeting. Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position due to relocating for work.
Jensen has worked for Alpine School District and the University of Illinois. He has experience in coordinating curriculum and technologies, project management and budgeting.
Jensen will officially take office in January of 2014. His term will run until November 2014, at which time, according to state law, the position will be open for re-election.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16