PROVO — McKay Jensen has been selected to fill the open position representing District 3 on the Provo City School District Board of Education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
The board held interviews on Dec. 4 and selected Jensen following the meeting. Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position due to relocating for work.
Jensen has worked for Alpine School District and the University of Illinois. He has experience in coordinating curriculum and technologies, project management and budgeting.
Jensen will officially take office in January of 2014. His term will run until November 2014, at which time, according to state law, the position will be open for re-election.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21