Wavebreakmedia Ltd, Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
Editor's note: A version of this list ran originally on the personal finance blog Len Penzo dot com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
When it comes to great gift ideas, I always struggle — especially for people who have everything.
My family draws names every year as part of our annual Christmas gift exchange. It’s typically done a year in advance, on Christmas Day, long after all the presents have been opened, and everybody has stuffed themselves on our traditional cavatelli dinner.
I remember one year when I had the misfortune of pulling Uncle Paul’s name out of Santa’s hat. That put me in a tough spot because he’s an octogenarian who has all the money he’ll ever need — so when the guy wants something, he buys it.
Anyway, as soon as I drew his name, I pulled my Aunt Mary Jane aside to get some gift advice, but she was no help. “Paul’s had everything he’s ever wanted since 1979,” she said. Great.
For a moment, I considered trying to make a homemade Christmas gift; but truth be told, I quit working with bird seed, paste and toilet paper rolls after I graduated from kindergarten.
Eventually, I came to realize that there are plenty of great gift ideas for people who have everything — you just have to be willing to think outside the box.
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3
- Should you take a store up on its... 2