Wavebreakmedia Ltd, Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
Editor's note: A version of this list ran originally on the personal finance blog Len Penzo dot com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
When it comes to great gift ideas, I always struggle — especially for people who have everything.
My family draws names every year as part of our annual Christmas gift exchange. It’s typically done a year in advance, on Christmas Day, long after all the presents have been opened, and everybody has stuffed themselves on our traditional cavatelli dinner.
I remember one year when I had the misfortune of pulling Uncle Paul’s name out of Santa’s hat. That put me in a tough spot because he’s an octogenarian who has all the money he’ll ever need — so when the guy wants something, he buys it.
Anyway, as soon as I drew his name, I pulled my Aunt Mary Jane aside to get some gift advice, but she was no help. “Paul’s had everything he’s ever wanted since 1979,” she said. Great.
For a moment, I considered trying to make a homemade Christmas gift; but truth be told, I quit working with bird seed, paste and toilet paper rolls after I graduated from kindergarten.
Eventually, I came to realize that there are plenty of great gift ideas for people who have everything — you just have to be willing to think outside the box.
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- 15 best paid jobs for recent graduates
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Before you head off on your vacation, you may...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 7
- Would you permanently leave your family... 6
- Weird ways our brains control our money... 3
- Boomer vs. millennial: A tale of 2 job... 3
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2