Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Woman's happiness most important to having a...
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite again for...
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 19
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- 42 ways to make your kids feel... 7
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5