Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2
- Teen chefs compete in state cooking... 2