Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1