Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- These simple changes can make your family so...
- From Vocal Point to Alex Boye: Top 10 'Clean...
- About Utah: He un-retired and found a world...
- Rosie is more than just a dog to a Spanish...
- Is ‘The Battle of the Five...
- The 10 best Christmas lights shows on YouTube
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 8
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 5
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 4
- Arianne Brown: Threatening your young... 3
- Is ‘The Battle of the Five... 2
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in... 1
- Chris Hicks: More than ever, 2014 was a... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Maybe all your... 1