Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3