Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family perform...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- The Clean Cut: New Zealand students perform...
- Living — or dying — with...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 11
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 9
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog... 5
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2