Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- Utah company brings Disney characters to...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 16
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3