Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases 'Danny Boy'...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- You think your student is well off? The...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 21
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 21
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 20
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- You think your student is well off? The... 8
- Sex education should start sooner,... 6