Blogger Stephanie Nielson says family was her reason to live after plane accident
Nielson was one of multiple speakers to address an audience at the Utah Valley University Convention Center for an event organized by Utah First Lady Jeanette Herbert on Oct. 26, 2013. Herbert's non-profit initiative, Uplift Families, organized the event and featured many well-known individuals who spoke on the same topic.
During her presentation, Nielson described life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a serious plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body. Throughout it all, Nielson said it was her family that gave her a desire to live.
"My family is my greatest accomplishment," Nielson said. "The sole reason I came back from the dead was because I know that I’m their mother, and I am irreplaceable."
Video clips from other speakers at the Uplift Families event, including Chad Lewis and Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, can be seen here.
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite again for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- Woman's happiness most important to having a...
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- The Clean Cut: Baby bear does circus act on...
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 23
- 4 financial follies of the millennial... 12
- How the prince charming fallacy is... 11
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 11
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Cincinnati Bengals sign injured player... 7
- 42 ways to make your kids feel... 7