BYU volleyball: Cougars face No. 6 USC in third round of NCAA Tournament
BYU women’s volleyball travels to Los Angeles on Friday to face No. 6 USC in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
After beating Arizona State in a five-set thriller in the first round of the tournament last Friday, the Cougars swept No. 11 Hawaii on its home court Saturday to advance to the third round.
BYU will face USC for the 18th time in school history. The Trojans hold an 11-6 advantage on the Cougars in the overall series. This is the first matchup between the two schools since they faced each other in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in 2006. USC swept BYU in that match.
Should the Cougars defeat the Trojans in the regional semifinals, BYU would advance to the Elite 8 for the first time since 2007. The Cougars would face the winner of No. 2 Washington and No. 14 Kansas, which also play in the Los Angeles regional semifinals.
Friday’s match will be broadcast live by ESPN3, and Saturday’s match will be broadcast nationally on ESPNU.
Links to live stats will be available on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 50
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 46
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12