A home game against 2013 Pac-12 champion Oregon and a game against national championship runner-up Tennessee headline BYU softball’s 2014 schedule.
“As a program we’re excited about our schedule this year,” BYU head coach Gordon Eakin said. “We play in some great venues and have a balanced schedule against teams representing many different conferences. We’re ready once again to face top competition and continue to grow as a program.”
BYU will face 19 teams that ended 2013 with a winning record and 12 that advanced to the 2013 NCAA regionals. The Cougars will take part in six tournaments: the Red Desert Classic in St. George, Utah; the Easton Desert Classic in Las Vegas; the Mary Nutter Classic in Palm Springs, Calif.; the San Diego Classic; the Stanford Classic in Palo Alto, Claif.; and the Rainbow Wahine Classic in Honolulu.
The Cougars will have six games against Pac-12 opponents with a home matchup against Oregon on March 25 at 6 p.m. They will face six other conference champions during the season including Notre Dame, San Diego State and Hawai’i. They face SEC eastern division champion Tennessee on Feb. 27 at the San Diego Classic. In addition to Tennessee, Oregon and Hawai’i, the Cougars will face Washington and Stanford for a total of six games against teams that finished the 2013 season ranked.
The Deseret Duel will take place on March 20 in Salt Lake City. Last year BYU’s win over Utah led to a tie in overall points for the duel and gave BYU its eighth straight win over the Utes.
The Cougars will begin the season in St. George, Utah, at the Red Desert Classic from Feb. 6-8, 2014.
Spencer Shamo is a Communications major at BYU and the BYU softball SID.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 27
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26