Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime loss to Kings
“Tyrone Corbin’s a friend, and I have a lot of respect for him as a coach and as a person,” Kings coach Mike Malone said. “When you have your No. 1 pick out to start the season, that’s never easy. You look at how they’ve played since Trey Burke was inserted into the lineup.” Williams’ injury came at a time when the Jazz had found a rare winning groove, which coincided with Burke’s insertion into the starting lineup.
“We thought we were finding a little rhythm there with Marvin at (power forward),” Corbin said. “He goes down and you have to go back a little bit and try and figure some things out.”
The Jazz find themselves in a situation where they have to do what Malone’s been doing with the Kings during their recent losing stretch.
“You look for the silver lining in everything you do,” Malone said. “Some days you see a lot of it (good) and other days you have to find whatever you can.”
On this night, the Kings didn't need a silver lining like the Jazz do.
"Somebody said, 'Oh, you’ve got two four-win teams going for their fifth win tonight,'" Malone said in his pregame interview. "For me it’s an opportunity for us to get better. We're not caught up in them being 4-and-whatever-they-are. This is an opportunity for us as the Sacramento Kings to come in here and try to get a win."
Meanwhile, the Jazz are still searching for some tires that aren't bald.
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 55
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 37
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 15