Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime loss to Kings
“Tyrone Corbin’s a friend, and I have a lot of respect for him as a coach and as a person,” Kings coach Mike Malone said. “When you have your No. 1 pick out to start the season, that’s never easy. You look at how they’ve played since Trey Burke was inserted into the lineup.” Williams’ injury came at a time when the Jazz had found a rare winning groove, which coincided with Burke’s insertion into the starting lineup.
“We thought we were finding a little rhythm there with Marvin at (power forward),” Corbin said. “He goes down and you have to go back a little bit and try and figure some things out.”
The Jazz find themselves in a situation where they have to do what Malone’s been doing with the Kings during their recent losing stretch.
“You look for the silver lining in everything you do,” Malone said. “Some days you see a lot of it (good) and other days you have to find whatever you can.”
On this night, the Kings didn't need a silver lining like the Jazz do.
"Somebody said, 'Oh, you’ve got two four-win teams going for their fifth win tonight,'" Malone said in his pregame interview. "For me it’s an opportunity for us to get better. We're not caught up in them being 4-and-whatever-they-are. This is an opportunity for us as the Sacramento Kings to come in here and try to get a win."
Meanwhile, the Jazz are still searching for some tires that aren't bald.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16