Alex Brandon, Associated Press
How ridiculous it seems to me is our so-called "foreign aid," which mostly gets put into the bank accounts of the dictators and tyrants, who, by the way, hate America — and all of this to the tune of multi-billions of dollars. If the aid truly got to the people who really needed the it, foreign aid wouldn't be so bad, but to realize that the funds are collected by those corrupt leaders is atrocious.
Our Founding Fathers counseled against getting involved in any binding alliances, but our unwise Congress and administration continue to try to buy the love (or even friendship) of our sworn enemies. Somehow this is totally outside of any common sense.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9