Alex Brandon, Associated Press
How ridiculous it seems to me is our so-called "foreign aid," which mostly gets put into the bank accounts of the dictators and tyrants, who, by the way, hate America — and all of this to the tune of multi-billions of dollars. If the aid truly got to the people who really needed the it, foreign aid wouldn't be so bad, but to realize that the funds are collected by those corrupt leaders is atrocious.
Our Founding Fathers counseled against getting involved in any binding alliances, but our unwise Congress and administration continue to try to buy the love (or even friendship) of our sworn enemies. Somehow this is totally outside of any common sense.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19