I love lasagna, but I hate the mess and time it takes to make. All the different layers and each with additional steps even before the assembling process begins. I’m that person who pays for assembly, whether it’s a bike, shelves or even toys. I have no patience for parts and instructions. I want quick and easy.
That is why my spaghetti squash with ricotta is perfect when I want the flavors of lasagna without the hassle. Spaghetti squash is in season, and what better way to enjoy it than with a rich marinara and the creamy tanginess of ricotta cheese. And even better, this recipe is not only tasty and filling, it is also low-calorie. A full cup of spaghetti squash is only about 40 calories.
Belle’s Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta
1 spaghetti squash, halved length-wise with seeds removed
1½ cups marinara sauce
½ cup ricotta cheese
Place squash cut side down on a microwavable plate. Microwave for about 12 minutes or until squash is very tender.
Scoop out the squash using a fork to separate the strands. Using paper towels, blot out as much of the moisture as possible. Place the squash in a large mixing bowl. Add the marinara and mix well. Add the ricotta and stir in, leaving some chunks.
Place the mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- 16 charitable activities you can do with your...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy to a...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- The Clean Cut: Stuart Edge, Vocal Point,...
- What did Utahns search for in 2014? Google...
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down under...
- The Clean Cut: LDS frontman Brandon Flowers...
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Wrestling with God': How much does... 5
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- 'Dragon Age' tops AP critics' best... 2
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 2
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- BYU's Vocal Point releases new... 1