I love lasagna, but I hate the mess and time it takes to make. All the different layers and each with additional steps even before the assembling process begins. I’m that person who pays for assembly, whether it’s a bike, shelves or even toys. I have no patience for parts and instructions. I want quick and easy.
That is why my spaghetti squash with ricotta is perfect when I want the flavors of lasagna without the hassle. Spaghetti squash is in season, and what better way to enjoy it than with a rich marinara and the creamy tanginess of ricotta cheese. And even better, this recipe is not only tasty and filling, it is also low-calorie. A full cup of spaghetti squash is only about 40 calories.
Belle’s Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta
1 spaghetti squash, halved length-wise with seeds removed
1½ cups marinara sauce
½ cup ricotta cheese
Place squash cut side down on a microwavable plate. Microwave for about 12 minutes or until squash is very tender.
Scoop out the squash using a fork to separate the strands. Using paper towels, blot out as much of the moisture as possible. Place the squash in a large mixing bowl. Add the marinara and mix well. Add the ricotta and stir in, leaving some chunks.
Place the mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 17
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Is family the... 2