Game Day glance: Utah State at No. 23 Fresno State, Dec. 7, 8 p.m.
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
In defeating Wyoming, 35-7, last week, Utah State won the Mountain Division of the Mountain West Conference and travels to Fresno State for the first-ever MWC Championship Game Saturday.
Despite losing head coach Gary Andersen to Wisconsin and quarterback Chuckie Keeton to injury, the Aggies are one win away from their second consecutive conference title. The Aggies won the Western Athletic Conference title last year.
However, they face a formidable opponent in Fresno State. The Bulldogs suffered their first loss of the season last week against San Jose State and will look to move pass that loss by picking up their first outright MWC title.
Lafe Peavler is a sportswriter intern at the Deseret News.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16