These four recently released picture books help share about reverence, the Book of Mormon, the Word of Wisdom and a Primary song.
While young boys can be like dinosaurs when they play outside or at the dinner table, it can be difficult for them to sit quietly during sacrament meeting. “It’s hard to be at church when you’re a dinosaur.”
With Candas M. Elder’s rhymes and Jennifer Eichelberger’s colorful images, they share the meaning and importance of the sacrament and being reverent during church and how parents can help their little dinosaurs be quiet in a fun way.
Elder currently attends Utah Valley University and Eichelberger is a Brigham Young University graduate who lives in Utah.
From bad guys to heroes and money to weapons, each of the 15 illustrations has scenes to find, plus bonus finds along with multiples of other items, like 20 arrows or 30 stones.
Each illustration shares about those featured on the page in rhyme and the drawings culminate with the visit of Jesus Christ.
There are also images to find on each illustration of Val Chadwick Bagley’s signature drawings.
“THE NOT EVEN ONCE CLUB,” by Wendy Watson Nelson, illustrated by Brandon Dorman, Deseret Book, $18.99
Tyler has recently moved to a new neighborhood and learns about N.E.O. — Not Even Once — from those in his Primary class as they commit to live the Word of Wisdom.
Its is based on experiences author Wendy Watson Nelson had with her nieces and nephews and now her children as they learn about the Word of Wisdom and how to keep it.
Each phrase to the Primary song by Janice Kapp Perry is illustrated by the art of children, some by themselves, some with parents and others with Jesus Christ, in this picture book. The art by Kathy Lawrence and Jean Monti is peaceful and can help young children learn the words to the song.
The music and lyrics are included in the back of the book.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Live nativity attracts more than 3,500 in...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- This is what going to church does to you 9
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 8
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5