Book review: 'A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection' tempts readers with clean, tender tales
"A TIMELESS ROMANCE ANTHOLOGY: European Collection," by Annette Lyon, G.G.Vandagriff, Michele Paige Holmes, Sarah M. Eden, Heather B. Moore and Nancy Campbell Allen, Mirror Press, $4.99, 204 pages (f)
Six starry-eyed authors share a romantic tour of exotic European cities in their latest alluring collection.
“A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection” — the newest edition in a growing treasury of clean love stories — hit cyber shelves in November. This collection, the strongest of the five Romance Anthology books released thus far, escorts readers through historic Europe’s romantic settings in search of the perfect love story.
A half-dozen local authors joined forces to produce this work. Annette Lyon, Sarah Eden and Heather Moore contribute as experts in the Romance Anthology department, having each participated in the previous four collections. However, newcomers G.G. Vandagriff, Michele Holmes and Nancy Allen add intrigue and flair to the series with their creations as well.
With stories that travel from England to France and Finland to Italy, this album highlights glimpses of historical love in many of Europe’s most amorous settings.
Each novella is a world unto itself with characters that pique the interest of romance readers.
With a Regency Era elopement to a near destitute count, a moody and mourning gentleman required to marry so as to secure his fortune and two newlywed London aristocrats learning to live in love, the collection pays homage to England’s passionate side.
But the anthology also delves into the dynamic battlefronts of World War II Finland, where experienced U.S. journalists try to mend their broken hearts amid the war, the French countryside where a miserly and competitive shipping tycoon tries to protect his daughter from an undesirable suitor, and the fluid streets of Venice where a Cinderella-style story brings a repressed artist and a young count together.
This grouping is the most cohesive and sturdy of the Romance Anthology offerings so far. Each story has merit on its own, but together they thrive as a collection as well. The tales are well-paced and intriguing.
Each of these novellas are clean and fresh and devoid of swearing, explicit sexuality or innuendo.
“A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection” is available as an e-book.
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children who lives in West Valley City, Utah. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and she blogs about her adventures in motherhood at demouxfamily.blogspot.com.
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without Ailes is...
- Fox needs to find a successor to man who...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Trump takes time from victory lap to swat at...
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without... 13
- Trump takes time from victory lap to... 13
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed... 5
- Chris Hicks: Movies to watch over the... 3
- Fox needs to find a successor to man... 2
- Why ‘Rogue One’ will be... 1
- Life lessons keep coming from Star Trek... 1
- Big screen spectacle 'Star Trek Beyond'... 1