I disagree with James Hansen's proposed term limits for representatives and senators (“Senators need term limits,” Nov. 29). As Americans, we have the right to vote and with that right we have elected our own representatives and senators. If we have a problem with our leaders, when the time comes we can vote them out of office.
If we place a term limit on how long our representatives and senators are in office, we will likely lose the experience that some of the older politicians have from serving for so long. We will get younger politicians with fresh ideas that lack the experience to know how exactly to go about it. The “so called mess in Congress” will be passed to new politicians who will find out that they don’t even know how to start cleaning up the mess.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32