I disagree with James Hansen's proposed term limits for representatives and senators (“Senators need term limits,” Nov. 29). As Americans, we have the right to vote and with that right we have elected our own representatives and senators. If we have a problem with our leaders, when the time comes we can vote them out of office.
If we place a term limit on how long our representatives and senators are in office, we will likely lose the experience that some of the older politicians have from serving for so long. We will get younger politicians with fresh ideas that lack the experience to know how exactly to go about it. The “so called mess in Congress” will be passed to new politicians who will find out that they don’t even know how to start cleaning up the mess.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29