I disagree with James Hansen's proposed term limits for representatives and senators (“Senators need term limits,” Nov. 29). As Americans, we have the right to vote and with that right we have elected our own representatives and senators. If we have a problem with our leaders, when the time comes we can vote them out of office.
If we place a term limit on how long our representatives and senators are in office, we will likely lose the experience that some of the older politicians have from serving for so long. We will get younger politicians with fresh ideas that lack the experience to know how exactly to go about it. The “so called mess in Congress” will be passed to new politicians who will find out that they don’t even know how to start cleaning up the mess.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37