I disagree with James Hansen's proposed term limits for representatives and senators (“Senators need term limits,” Nov. 29). As Americans, we have the right to vote and with that right we have elected our own representatives and senators. If we have a problem with our leaders, when the time comes we can vote them out of office.
If we place a term limit on how long our representatives and senators are in office, we will likely lose the experience that some of the older politicians have from serving for so long. We will get younger politicians with fresh ideas that lack the experience to know how exactly to go about it. The “so called mess in Congress” will be passed to new politicians who will find out that they don’t even know how to start cleaning up the mess.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13