I disagree with James Hansen's proposed term limits for representatives and senators (“Senators need term limits,” Nov. 29). As Americans, we have the right to vote and with that right we have elected our own representatives and senators. If we have a problem with our leaders, when the time comes we can vote them out of office.
If we place a term limit on how long our representatives and senators are in office, we will likely lose the experience that some of the older politicians have from serving for so long. We will get younger politicians with fresh ideas that lack the experience to know how exactly to go about it. The “so called mess in Congress” will be passed to new politicians who will find out that they don’t even know how to start cleaning up the mess.
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 23
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Where's the action? 17