SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has named Marty Carpenter, an executive vice present at the Salt Lake Chamber, to serve as his communications director.
Carpenter, who had taken a leave of absence from the chamber to work on the governor's 2012 campaign, was described by Herbert as a "perfect fit" for the position.
"Marty benefits from a deep understanding of our goals as an administration and state, a strong relationship with media, and he has proven to be a valuable member of our team before," the governor said.
Carpenter replaces Ally Isom, Herbert's former deputy chief of staff, who stepped down last month. A former TV news reporter in Oklahoma and Kansas, Carpenter became the Chamber's director of communications in 2008.
"I am excited to play a role in an administration focused on solidifying Utah's position as the best state to do business and to elevating our quality of life," Carpenter said.
— Lisa Riley Roche
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- National Defense Authorization Act includes...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26