SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has named Marty Carpenter, an executive vice present at the Salt Lake Chamber, to serve as his communications director.
Carpenter, who had taken a leave of absence from the chamber to work on the governor's 2012 campaign, was described by Herbert as a "perfect fit" for the position.
"Marty benefits from a deep understanding of our goals as an administration and state, a strong relationship with media, and he has proven to be a valuable member of our team before," the governor said.
Carpenter replaces Ally Isom, Herbert's former deputy chief of staff, who stepped down last month. A former TV news reporter in Oklahoma and Kansas, Carpenter became the Chamber's director of communications in 2008.
"I am excited to play a role in an administration focused on solidifying Utah's position as the best state to do business and to elevating our quality of life," Carpenter said.
— Lisa Riley Roche
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8