SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has named Marty Carpenter, an executive vice present at the Salt Lake Chamber, to serve as his communications director.
Carpenter, who had taken a leave of absence from the chamber to work on the governor's 2012 campaign, was described by Herbert as a "perfect fit" for the position.
"Marty benefits from a deep understanding of our goals as an administration and state, a strong relationship with media, and he has proven to be a valuable member of our team before," the governor said.
Carpenter replaces Ally Isom, Herbert's former deputy chief of staff, who stepped down last month. A former TV news reporter in Oklahoma and Kansas, Carpenter became the Chamber's director of communications in 2008.
"I am excited to play a role in an administration focused on solidifying Utah's position as the best state to do business and to elevating our quality of life," Carpenter said.
— Lisa Riley Roche
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9