SALT LAKE CITY — Lauren Berger, known as the "Intern Queen," will offer college students advice about how to make the most of internship opportunities.
Having successfully completed 15 internships during her college career, Berger, founder of InternQueen.com, will offer her expertise at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the auditorium of the Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building at the University of Utah.
"We're seeing a national trend emphasizing the importance of internships for college students," said Brain Burton, associate director for employer relations at the U. "Internships are unmatched opportunities to not only help students identify career paths, but they also provide invaluable employer networks and make students more competitive in the current job market."
Berger will share her experience of how she managed her college internships and provide information about the internship application process, resumes, cover letters, interviews, social media, managing a job and an internship, handling paid versus unpaid internships, and turning an internship into a job.
Berger is the CEO of InternQueen.com and the author of the national campus best-seller "All Work No Pay: Finding An Internship, Building Your Resume, Making Connections and Gaining Job Experience."
She has been featured on "Today" and "Fox & Friends" and in the New York Times, New York Post, Teen Vogue, Bloomberg and LA Weekly. She regularly contributes to AOL Jobs, USA Today, the Huffington Post, Seventeen.com and Justine Magazine.
Berger's online platform, www.internqueen.com, allows students to access and apply for internships free of charge.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 56
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10