Judith Bicking, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Editor's note: This article originally ran on Insure.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
Weather-related home insurance claims can be a whole separate ball game from other home claims.
"Weather losses are always more complicated because you've got thousands of people experiencing losses at the same time. These events are taxing on the entire community, whereas if you have one loss, such as a water main break in your building or a fire loss, as devastating as it may be to the homeowner, they still have access to necessary things such as hotel rooms, lawyers, insurance agents, etc., " says Ron Papa, president and CEO at National Fire Adjustment Co. in Buffalo, N.Y., a public insurance adjuster firm.
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3
- Should you take a store up on its... 2