Judith Bicking, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Editor's note: This article originally ran on Insure.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
Weather-related home insurance claims can be a whole separate ball game from other home claims.
"Weather losses are always more complicated because you've got thousands of people experiencing losses at the same time. These events are taxing on the entire community, whereas if you have one loss, such as a water main break in your building or a fire loss, as devastating as it may be to the homeowner, they still have access to necessary things such as hotel rooms, lawyers, insurance agents, etc., " says Ron Papa, president and CEO at National Fire Adjustment Co. in Buffalo, N.Y., a public insurance adjuster firm.
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Germany to Greece: Don't mess with us over...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1