BYU swimming: select Cougars head to Texas invitational, BYU hosts invitational
PROVO – A select group of BYU swimmers will compete in the Texas Invite this weekend, while the remaining swimmers compete in the BYU Invite beginning Thursday and continuing through Saturday evening.
"We’re bringing people who we believe have a legitimate chance of making it to NCAAs [championships] through a relay or individually, and we’re hoping for the best,” BYU head coach John Brooks said. “They are very well rested and have an opportunity to shine so we’re expecting good results.”
The participating teams include host Texas, UCLA (women’s team only), USC, Arizona, Wisconsin, Penn State, Harvard, UC Santa Barbara and Oklahoma Baptist.
The Texas Invite begins with preliminaries each morning at 10 CST and finals each night at 6. A complete schedule with a list of events can be found at the Texas Invite page. To follow along with the action, check out the live results page.
Also this weekend, BYU swimming hosts its first invitational extended to the public at the Richards Building pool.
“This is the first BYU Invitational where we’re trying to promote opportunities not only for the university level, but to reach out to the community at large,” Brooks said.
Swimmers from the University of Utah travel to Provo to compete in the meet along with 150 high school students from various Utah schools. The meet kicks off Thursday evening and continues through Saturday evening. The Cougars swim on Friday and Saturday, wrapping up their 2013 schedule at home.
The BYU Invite begins on Thursday at 6 p.m. MT. On Friday and Saturday, preliminaries begin at 10 a.m. and finals at 6 p.m. For results, visit the men’s schedule page following the meet Saturday.
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its...
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans react...
- Rose excited for near future stability,...
- BYU baseball: Gonzaga's Bailey strikes out...
- BYU volleyball: Looking back at the 2016...
- Coach approach: BYU baseball's Mike...
- BYU baseball: Pepperdine eliminates No. 30...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to get...
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 43
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops... 26
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to... 20
- BYU football receives commitment from... 18
- BYU baseball: Gonzaga's Bailey strikes... 13
- BYU baseball: Pepperdine eliminates No.... 12