BYU cross-country: Ward named WCC cross-country Player of the Month
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — BYU’s Jared Ward has been named the West Coast Conference men’s cross-country Player of the Month for November after All-Region and All-American performances.
Ward placed fourth overall at the NCAA Mountain Region Championships one day after having his senior year of cross-country eligibility reinstated by the NCAA. He was the highest placing Cougar at the regional meet and led BYU to a fourth place team finish.
Ward earned his second consecutive All-American honor by taking 36th place at the NCAA Championships in Terre Haute, Ind. He was the second Cougar to finish, behind fellow All-American Tylor Thatcher, helping the Cougars to their second fourth place finish under head coach Ed Eyestone and a spot on the podium.
This is the third time Ward has been named WCC Player of the Month, as he was given the honors in October and November of 2012. Ward was the 2012 WCC Individual Champion and Runner of the Year.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan... 25
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David... 23