BYU cross-country: Ward named WCC cross-country Player of the Month
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — BYU’s Jared Ward has been named the West Coast Conference men’s cross-country Player of the Month for November after All-Region and All-American performances.
Ward placed fourth overall at the NCAA Mountain Region Championships one day after having his senior year of cross-country eligibility reinstated by the NCAA. He was the highest placing Cougar at the regional meet and led BYU to a fourth place team finish.
Ward earned his second consecutive All-American honor by taking 36th place at the NCAA Championships in Terre Haute, Ind. He was the second Cougar to finish, behind fellow All-American Tylor Thatcher, helping the Cougars to their second fourth place finish under head coach Ed Eyestone and a spot on the podium.
This is the third time Ward has been named WCC Player of the Month, as he was given the honors in October and November of 2012. Ward was the 2012 WCC Individual Champion and Runner of the Year.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Brad Rock: Big 12 and BYU overshadow instate...
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU sports is...
- College basketball: BYU, Utah, Utah State and...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 79
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 16
- Brad Rock: Big 12 and BYU overshadow... 13