Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just short in loss to Boise State
Utah's Princeton Onwas, who made his second start of the season, was ejected with 3:09 left in the first half for an elbow to the head of Elorriaga as he swung the ball from side to side.
In all, Krystkowiak was happy with his team’s first road game of the year.
“This was good,'' he said. "There are plenty of things we can look at going forward. Boise will be a Top-25 team and we were really pleased with our performance. This is like a Pac-12 road game and we’re going to play these types of games all season. How can you not be excited when you play games like these?”
Next up for the Utes is Fresno State on Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Huntsman Center.
GAME NOTES: Boise State moved to 7-0 for the first time in school history. ... Coming into the game, Boise State ranked 31st in the AP poll, in the “others receiving votes“ category and 32nd in the coaches poll. ... Boise State is the only team in the country to return all five starters from an NCAA tournament team. ... Two years ago, the Broncos blitzed the Utes 80-59 and last year, the Utes returned the favor with a 21-point victory of their own at the Huntsman Center, 76-55. ... The last time the Utes had gone this far into the season without a road game was 1965 under Jack Gardner when the Utes played seven games in Salt Lake before venturing out to play at Cincinnati in late December. ... The last time the Utes only had one nonleague game on the road was 1973-74, when they opened at Kansas State before playing nine straight home games. ... Utah’s next road game will be Jan. 8 at Washington. ... Utah came into the game 6-0 for the first time since the 1997-98 season. Boise State was 6-0 for the third time in history. ... After playing Carroll College at home Thursday, the Broncos will travel to Kentucky to play the No. 3-ranked Wildcats next Tuesday.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21