'One Sweet Cupcake' provides simple recipes with gourmet taste
"One Sweet Cupcake" is a fantastic combination of recipes, tools and ingredient tips, with the bonus of also providing decoration ideas. Brown provides a unique perspective of what a cupcake can be.
And now a tip from the reviewer: The recipe for the buttercream frosting is delicious and simple but makes far too much. I halved the recipe and still had plenty to frost 24 cupcakes.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Lighter than the Chocolate Raspberry, it has a decadent flavor without being overbearing. The raspberry swirled cake layered with white chocolate ganache and white chocolate buttercream and garnished with a fresh raspberry will make these a hit every time.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup unsweetended applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons pure vanilla
1 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup raspberry puree
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add sour cream, buttermilk, applesauce, oil, eggs, vanilla and vanilla bean paste.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Turn the stand mixer on low and add dry ingredients until just incorporated. The batter should be smooth. Fold in raspberry puree until batter is marbled.
5. Line two standard muffin tins with paper cupcake liners. Fill each cup two-thirds full with batter. Use an ice cream scoop for perfect measuring. Bake until the tops spring back at the touch of your finger and edges are just golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from tins and cool completely before filling or icing.
Finishing touches: Pipe a layer of White Chocolate Ganache, ice with White Chocolate Buttercream and roll in white chocolater flakes. Garnish with single fresh raspberry.
Note: Be careful not to overmix when adding the raspberry puree. The batter should be marbled, not pink.
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- Managing your loved one's digital estate...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to train...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 14
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Insights from the Behavioral Science... 3
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 3