'One Sweet Cupcake' provides simple recipes with gourmet taste
"One Sweet Cupcake" is a fantastic combination of recipes, tools and ingredient tips, with the bonus of also providing decoration ideas. Brown provides a unique perspective of what a cupcake can be.
And now a tip from the reviewer: The recipe for the buttercream frosting is delicious and simple but makes far too much. I halved the recipe and still had plenty to frost 24 cupcakes.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Lighter than the Chocolate Raspberry, it has a decadent flavor without being overbearing. The raspberry swirled cake layered with white chocolate ganache and white chocolate buttercream and garnished with a fresh raspberry will make these a hit every time.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup unsweetended applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons pure vanilla
1 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup raspberry puree
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add sour cream, buttermilk, applesauce, oil, eggs, vanilla and vanilla bean paste.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Turn the stand mixer on low and add dry ingredients until just incorporated. The batter should be smooth. Fold in raspberry puree until batter is marbled.
5. Line two standard muffin tins with paper cupcake liners. Fill each cup two-thirds full with batter. Use an ice cream scoop for perfect measuring. Bake until the tops spring back at the touch of your finger and edges are just golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from tins and cool completely before filling or icing.
Finishing touches: Pipe a layer of White Chocolate Ganache, ice with White Chocolate Buttercream and roll in white chocolater flakes. Garnish with single fresh raspberry.
Note: Be careful not to overmix when adding the raspberry puree. The batter should be marbled, not pink.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 30
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9