The Utah Grizzlies scored five goals over the final 27:28 of regulation to defeat the San Francisco Bulls, 5-2, on Saturday night at Maverik Center.
After falling behind 1-0 at 4:21 into the second period, Utah rebounded to score five of six goals to finish the game. Four Grizzlies finished the night with multiple-point contests: Mathieu Aubin had two goals, Danick Paquete had one goal and one assist, Rylan Galiardi had two assists, and David Vallorani had two assists. Igor Bobkov stopped 23 of 25 shots in his return to the Utah lineup.
“You definitely got a good feeling in the room this morning,” Director of Hockey Operations Ian Greenwald said. “The guys woke up, thought about last night and moved on. The leaders do a great job getting this team ready. We’ve had so many chances all over the place and the pucks just started going in.”
Vinny Scarsella’s second goal of the year on a centering pass from Vallorani tied the game at 1-1, 12:02 into the second period. Paquette won a faceoff in the final minute of the second period to set up Utah’s second goal. Martin Lee and Galliardi set up Aubin in the circle for his first of two goals on the night.
In the third period, Aubin ripped home a shot from the slot in transition on another setup from Galiardi and Paquette to make it 3-1, 11:43 into the third period. After San Francisco made the score 3-2 just 26 seconds later, the Grizzlies continued to keep the pressure on.
Michael Pelech created a turnover along the wall and attempted to center the puck, but his pass was blocked and he eventually backhanded a puck home in the slot for his first score in Utah.
Paquette finished the scoring as he found an empty net with six seconds left in regulation.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 40-25, in the game.
Utah next plays Wednesday, Dec. 4, when it hosts Alaska for the next Wild $2 Wednesday. Fans can get $2 food and drinks. Students can get $5 student tickets with their ID.
The series with Alaska continues Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, with the Aces.
All listed home games start at 7:05 p.m.
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has torn...
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast Washington...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost while...
- High school baseball: 4A team-by-team region...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance to meet...
- Utah basketball: Dakarai Tucker comes up with...
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 75
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 56
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32