SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a man they had described as a "person of interest" in the hit and run death of a 73-year-old man earlier this week.
Deryk Robeldo, 19, was arrested Saturday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of hit and run and obstruction of justice in the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Robeldo was arrested at his parent's home in Salt Lake City while the suspect vehicle was found in Woods Cross.
Zaragosa-Valencia was crossing the street at 1680 South and 900 West around 7 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
He was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Thursday, Robeldo was identified as a "person of interest" in the collision that led to Zaragosa-Valencia's death.
Police thanked the public for their help in locating Robeldo.
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 12