Police make arrest, locate suspect vehicle in fatal hit and run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a man they had described as a "person of interest" in the hit and run death of a 73-year-old man earlier this week.
Deryk Robeldo, 19, was arrested Saturday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of hit and run and obstruction of justice in the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Robeldo was arrested at his parent's home in Salt Lake City while the suspect vehicle was found in Woods Cross.
Zaragosa-Valencia was crossing the street at 1680 South and 900 West around 7 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
He was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Thursday, Robeldo was identified as a "person of interest" in the collision that led to Zaragosa-Valencia's death.
Police thanked the public for their help in locating Robeldo.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9