Police make arrest, locate suspect vehicle in fatal hit and run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a man they had described as a "person of interest" in the hit and run death of a 73-year-old man earlier this week.
Deryk Robeldo, 19, was arrested Saturday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of hit and run and obstruction of justice in the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Robeldo was arrested at his parent's home in Salt Lake City while the suspect vehicle was found in Woods Cross.
Zaragosa-Valencia was crossing the street at 1680 South and 900 West around 7 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
He was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Thursday, Robeldo was identified as a "person of interest" in the collision that led to Zaragosa-Valencia's death.
Police thanked the public for their help in locating Robeldo.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15