Police make arrest, locate suspect vehicle in fatal hit and run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a man they had described as a "person of interest" in the hit and run death of a 73-year-old man earlier this week.
Deryk Robeldo, 19, was arrested Saturday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of hit and run and obstruction of justice in the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Robeldo was arrested at his parent's home in Salt Lake City while the suspect vehicle was found in Woods Cross.
Zaragosa-Valencia was crossing the street at 1680 South and 900 West around 7 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
He was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Thursday, Robeldo was identified as a "person of interest" in the collision that led to Zaragosa-Valencia's death.
Police thanked the public for their help in locating Robeldo.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17