Police make arrest, locate suspect vehicle in fatal hit and run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a man they had described as a "person of interest" in the hit and run death of a 73-year-old man earlier this week.
Deryk Robeldo, 19, was arrested Saturday and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of hit and run and obstruction of justice in the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, according to Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Robin Heiden.
Robeldo was arrested at his parent's home in Salt Lake City while the suspect vehicle was found in Woods Cross.
Zaragosa-Valencia was crossing the street at 1680 South and 900 West around 7 p.m. Monday when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
He was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Thursday, Robeldo was identified as a "person of interest" in the collision that led to Zaragosa-Valencia's death.
Police thanked the public for their help in locating Robeldo.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26