Police seeking two suspects in Kearns home invasion
Jordan Allred, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police are investigating a home invasion incident that left a 17-year-old boy in the hospital with a gunshot wound.
The victim called 911 around 7:40 p.m. reporting that he was home alone and discovered someone with a gun in his home at 5292 S. Leprechaun Lane (5280 West), Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. The teenager reported that the gun was pointed at him when the call was disconnected.
Soon after, the victim called back to report that he had exchanged gunfire with the man and had been shot. He was transported to an area hospital in fair condition, Hoyal said.
The victim left the scene before he could give an extensive interview, but it is believed that he did not know the suspects.
Hoyal said the suspects were described as two African American men — one of whom was wearing blue jeans and the other was in black pants. One of them was reportedly wearing a knit cap or ski mask.
Hoyal said both men fled from the home on foot and headed east.
Police searched the area with the help of K-9s, but found no one. They were seeking a search warrant for the home to look for additional evidence.
"Usually there's a robbery or some sort of motive," Hoyal said. "We don't kmow what the motive was for the suspects being in the home."
Those with information about the incident have been asked to call Unified Police at 801-743-7000.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13