Police seeking two suspects in Kearns home invasion
Jordan Allred, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police are investigating a home invasion incident that left a 17-year-old boy in the hospital with a gunshot wound.
The victim called 911 around 7:40 p.m. reporting that he was home alone and discovered someone with a gun in his home at 5292 S. Leprechaun Lane (5280 West), Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. The teenager reported that the gun was pointed at him when the call was disconnected.
Soon after, the victim called back to report that he had exchanged gunfire with the man and had been shot. He was transported to an area hospital in fair condition, Hoyal said.
The victim left the scene before he could give an extensive interview, but it is believed that he did not know the suspects.
Hoyal said the suspects were described as two African American men — one of whom was wearing blue jeans and the other was in black pants. One of them was reportedly wearing a knit cap or ski mask.
Hoyal said both men fled from the home on foot and headed east.
Police searched the area with the help of K-9s, but found no one. They were seeking a search warrant for the home to look for additional evidence.
"Usually there's a robbery or some sort of motive," Hoyal said. "We don't kmow what the motive was for the suspects being in the home."
Those with information about the incident have been asked to call Unified Police at 801-743-7000.
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Missionary, police testify against man...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden told...
- Apparent lightning strike hits Duchesne...
- Gay rights activists to fight charges for...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 46
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 40
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 30
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 22
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22