Police seeking two suspects in Kearns home invasion
Jordan Allred, Deseret News
KEARNS — Police are investigating a home invasion incident that left a 17-year-old boy in the hospital with a gunshot wound.
The victim called 911 around 7:40 p.m. reporting that he was home alone and discovered someone with a gun in his home at 5292 S. Leprechaun Lane (5280 West), Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. The teenager reported that the gun was pointed at him when the call was disconnected.
Soon after, the victim called back to report that he had exchanged gunfire with the man and had been shot. He was transported to an area hospital in fair condition, Hoyal said.
The victim left the scene before he could give an extensive interview, but it is believed that he did not know the suspects.
Hoyal said the suspects were described as two African American men — one of whom was wearing blue jeans and the other was in black pants. One of them was reportedly wearing a knit cap or ski mask.
Hoyal said both men fled from the home on foot and headed east.
Police searched the area with the help of K-9s, but found no one. They were seeking a search warrant for the home to look for additional evidence.
"Usually there's a robbery or some sort of motive," Hoyal said. "We don't kmow what the motive was for the suspects being in the home."
Those with information about the incident have been asked to call Unified Police at 801-743-7000.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 117
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20