Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The San Francisco Bulls defeated the Utah Grizzlies, 2-1, on Friday night at Maverik Center.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 32-19, in the game and drew seven of nine power-plays but were unable to get a second goal.
“We just didn’t do the job,” head coach and General Manager Tim Branham said. “We have to find a way to put the puck in the net, get more traffic, go to the dirty areas. We worked the puck around good. That’s not good enough, especially with the lineup we have.”
Utah took a 1-0 lead 8:28 into the first period as Danick Paquette led a rush up ice and Norm Ezekiel hammered in a puck off of a Kris Hogg attempt. After the goal, 795 bears were thrown onto the Maverik Center ice in the team’s Teddy Bear Toss. The bears will be donated to children in need after the holidays.
The Bulls tied things up late in the first and took a 2-1 lead 8:24 into the third period on a four-on-three power-play goal.
Paquette was given a game misconduct and a five-minute major for kneeing in the second period.
“I am physical, not dirty,” Paquette said.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 19-7, after San Francisco took the lead, but it was unable to tie.
This weekend and beyond
Saturday is a post-game skate with the Grizzlies team. Skate rental is $2.
The holiday fun continues Wednesday, Dec. 4, when Utah hosts Alaska for the next Wild $2 Wednesday. Fans can get $2 hot dogs, soft drinks, draft beers and french fries. Students can get $5 student tickets with their ID.
The series with Alaska continues Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, with the Aces.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21