Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The San Francisco Bulls defeated the Utah Grizzlies, 2-1, on Friday night at Maverik Center.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 32-19, in the game and drew seven of nine power-plays but were unable to get a second goal.
“We just didn’t do the job,” head coach and General Manager Tim Branham said. “We have to find a way to put the puck in the net, get more traffic, go to the dirty areas. We worked the puck around good. That’s not good enough, especially with the lineup we have.”
Utah took a 1-0 lead 8:28 into the first period as Danick Paquette led a rush up ice and Norm Ezekiel hammered in a puck off of a Kris Hogg attempt. After the goal, 795 bears were thrown onto the Maverik Center ice in the team’s Teddy Bear Toss. The bears will be donated to children in need after the holidays.
The Bulls tied things up late in the first and took a 2-1 lead 8:24 into the third period on a four-on-three power-play goal.
Paquette was given a game misconduct and a five-minute major for kneeing in the second period.
“I am physical, not dirty,” Paquette said.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 19-7, after San Francisco took the lead, but it was unable to tie.
This weekend and beyond
Saturday is a post-game skate with the Grizzlies team. Skate rental is $2.
The holiday fun continues Wednesday, Dec. 4, when Utah hosts Alaska for the next Wild $2 Wednesday. Fans can get $2 hot dogs, soft drinks, draft beers and french fries. Students can get $5 student tickets with their ID.
The series with Alaska continues Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, with the Aces.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 41
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 6