Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The San Francisco Bulls defeated the Utah Grizzlies, 2-1, on Friday night at Maverik Center.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 32-19, in the game and drew seven of nine power-plays but were unable to get a second goal.
“We just didn’t do the job,” head coach and General Manager Tim Branham said. “We have to find a way to put the puck in the net, get more traffic, go to the dirty areas. We worked the puck around good. That’s not good enough, especially with the lineup we have.”
Utah took a 1-0 lead 8:28 into the first period as Danick Paquette led a rush up ice and Norm Ezekiel hammered in a puck off of a Kris Hogg attempt. After the goal, 795 bears were thrown onto the Maverik Center ice in the team’s Teddy Bear Toss. The bears will be donated to children in need after the holidays.
The Bulls tied things up late in the first and took a 2-1 lead 8:24 into the third period on a four-on-three power-play goal.
Paquette was given a game misconduct and a five-minute major for kneeing in the second period.
“I am physical, not dirty,” Paquette said.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 19-7, after San Francisco took the lead, but it was unable to tie.
This weekend and beyond
Saturday is a post-game skate with the Grizzlies team. Skate rental is $2.
The holiday fun continues Wednesday, Dec. 4, when Utah hosts Alaska for the next Wild $2 Wednesday. Fans can get $2 hot dogs, soft drinks, draft beers and french fries. Students can get $5 student tickets with their ID.
The series with Alaska continues Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, with the Aces.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33