Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The San Francisco Bulls defeated the Utah Grizzlies, 2-1, on Friday night at Maverik Center.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 32-19, in the game and drew seven of nine power-plays but were unable to get a second goal.
“We just didn’t do the job,” head coach and General Manager Tim Branham said. “We have to find a way to put the puck in the net, get more traffic, go to the dirty areas. We worked the puck around good. That’s not good enough, especially with the lineup we have.”
Utah took a 1-0 lead 8:28 into the first period as Danick Paquette led a rush up ice and Norm Ezekiel hammered in a puck off of a Kris Hogg attempt. After the goal, 795 bears were thrown onto the Maverik Center ice in the team’s Teddy Bear Toss. The bears will be donated to children in need after the holidays.
The Bulls tied things up late in the first and took a 2-1 lead 8:24 into the third period on a four-on-three power-play goal.
Paquette was given a game misconduct and a five-minute major for kneeing in the second period.
“I am physical, not dirty,” Paquette said.
Utah outshot the Bulls, 19-7, after San Francisco took the lead, but it was unable to tie.
This weekend and beyond
Saturday is a post-game skate with the Grizzlies team. Skate rental is $2.
The holiday fun continues Wednesday, Dec. 4, when Utah hosts Alaska for the next Wild $2 Wednesday. Fans can get $2 hot dogs, soft drinks, draft beers and french fries. Students can get $5 student tickets with their ID.
The series with Alaska continues Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, with the Aces.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25