Utah gave up more than 30 points in each of the first three quarters, with the Suns shooting a scorching 65.5 percent from the field over that span in building a 95-78 lead entering the final frame.
The Jazz limited the Suns to just 17 fourth-quarter points on 5-of-20 shooting, but by then, the damage had already been done.
With the loss, Utah falls to 2-15 overall and 2-6 at home, and the Jazz face the second game of this back-to-back against the Suns Saturday night in Phoenix.
Hornacek, whose Jazz jersey hangs from the EnergySolutions Arena rafters, displayed plenty of compassion for what Corbin and the proud Jazz franchise are going through this season.
"I know it's been tough on him here and I think he's been doing a great job," Hornacek said of Corbin, his former boss and fellow sideline jockey. "These guys are young guys that have been thrown together. None of these guys have had the responsibility that they're now being thrown into. To have to deal with that is pretty tough. I'll go talk to him after this and I'll see him again (Saturday)."
The Jazz jumped out to a quick 9-0 lead after the first two minutes. But history has shown us that no NBA game was ever won in the opening couple of minutes, and the Suns certainly had no problems playing catch-up.
Dragic scored nine quick points of his own to bring Phoenix back, and a flurry of three 3-pointers by Green over a two-minute span pushed Phoenix into the lead. Another 3 by Frye helped the Suns take a 25-20 advantage, and then it was Utah's turn to play catch-up.
The Jazz managed to regain a 33-31 edge at the end of the first quarter, thanks to a 3-pointer by John Lucas III. Utah grabbed a 35-31 lead early in the second period and the two teams were tied at 42 when Phoenix went on a 16-5 run to open up an 11-point lead at 58-47.
The Suns maintained that 11-point margin at halftime, 62-51, then blew the game open late in the third quarter with a 13-4 run that extended their lead to as much as 20 points.
Utah climbed back within 11 late in the game, but this one was over long before that.
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns from...
- Dick Harmon: So, another Kaufusi goes hybrid...
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might hear...
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC Dec. 3 at...
- Video: Former Ute Steve Smith takes teen with...
- BYU football announces full spring fireside...
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300 football...
- Ones that got away: Players who left the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 60
- BYU receives commitment from Georgia... 48
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 42
- BYU volleyball: Cougars earn No. 1 seed... 26
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 13
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars close out... 12