SALT LAKE CITY — Police said Thursday they want to talk to Deryk Robeldo, a 19-year-old man who they believe was behind the wheel in a fatal hit and run crash earlier this week.
Robeldo, 19, was identified as a "person of interest," in the collision that led to the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, 73.
The victim was crossing the street Monday at 7 p.m. at 1680 South and 900 West when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
Zaragosa-Valencia was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Robin Heiden said officers are trying to locate Robeldo and his 2001 silver BMW 330ci with license plate Y153TZ.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police at 799-3000.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to surprise...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 38
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15