SALT LAKE CITY — Police said Thursday they want to talk to Deryk Robeldo, a 19-year-old man who they believe was behind the wheel in a fatal hit and run crash earlier this week.
Robeldo, 19, was identified as a "person of interest," in the collision that led to the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, 73.
The victim was crossing the street Monday at 7 p.m. at 1680 South and 900 West when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
Zaragosa-Valencia was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Robin Heiden said officers are trying to locate Robeldo and his 2001 silver BMW 330ci with license plate Y153TZ.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police at 799-3000.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Roosevelt...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge drinking...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 42
- New definition of homeless would give... 31
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 19