SALT LAKE CITY — Police said Thursday they want to talk to Deryk Robeldo, a 19-year-old man who they believe was behind the wheel in a fatal hit and run crash earlier this week.
Robeldo, 19, was identified as a "person of interest," in the collision that led to the death of Genaro Zaragosa-Valencia, 73.
The victim was crossing the street Monday at 7 p.m. at 1680 South and 900 West when he was struck by a car and dragged for about 75 feet.
Zaragosa-Valencia was taken off life support on Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Robin Heiden said officers are trying to locate Robeldo and his 2001 silver BMW 330ci with license plate Y153TZ.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police at 799-3000.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13