Reilly's last stand: Ute defensive star Trevor Reilly will close out career Saturday
The journey, though, is still ongoing. Reilly has made it clear he doesn’t want to leave Utah with a six-game losing skid. He has no intentions of being part of a senior class tied to a 4-8 record.
Moral victories, Reilly explained, just aren’t his thing. He’s determined to leave the program with a win.
Reilly says he’s not a sentimental guy. He doesn’t keep trophies or have a lot of mementos around. As such, he’s not sure if Saturday’s game will be emotional or not.
“I’ve shed maybe one tear in the last 10 years,” he said.
And that, Reilly explained in a hushed tone, was when he learned about his daughter’s illness.
Utah football, though, has a special place in his heart.
“It’s been a fun ride,” Reilly said. “I’m thankful to Kalani and Coach Whitt for being loyal to me, being honest with me and helping me become a better player.”
Reilly plans to maintain ties with the program down the road.
“I’ll be one of those guys that comes back and hopefully I can give back some day in a positive way,” he said.
Colorado (4-7, 1-7) at Utah (4-7, 1-7)
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 700 AM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @DirkFacer
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24