Price police ID suspect in armed robbery of grocery store
PRICE — Police say forensic evidence has helped them identify a suspect in Tuesday's armed robbery of a grocery store.
Officers are looking for Domonic Mathew Martinez, 28, in connection with the robbery of Smith's Food King store, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Martinez, who is also known by the street name "Cancerous" or "Canceris," is suspected of walking into the grocery store about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, showing a handgun to a clerk and demanding money, Barnes said.
The clerk complied, handing over an undisclosed amount of money, the captain said.
One of the responding officers recovered "an item of forensic evidence" at the crime scene during the initial investigation, Barnes said. The item was sent to the state crime lab, where scientists were able to identify Martinez as the suspect, he said.
Martinez is considered a fugitive in several other incidents in Carbon County and elsewhere in Utah, according to Barnes.
"He is from the Wasatch Front area and may be concealing himself there," the captain said, noting that Martinez is considered a threat to public safety and may be armed.
Anyone with information about Martinez is asked to call their local police department or 911.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: GeoffLiesik
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Crash on U.S. 40 west of Vernal injures 3,...
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Orem’s most notorious eyesore to be...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- 'The time is right' for a digital conversion,...
- Three amendments to Utah Constitution on the...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 54
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 43
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 25
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21
- 'The time is right' for a digital... 21