Price police ID suspect in armed robbery of grocery store
PRICE — Police say forensic evidence has helped them identify a suspect in Tuesday's armed robbery of a grocery store.
Officers are looking for Domonic Mathew Martinez, 28, in connection with the robbery of Smith's Food King store, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Martinez, who is also known by the street name "Cancerous" or "Canceris," is suspected of walking into the grocery store about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, showing a handgun to a clerk and demanding money, Barnes said.
The clerk complied, handing over an undisclosed amount of money, the captain said.
One of the responding officers recovered "an item of forensic evidence" at the crime scene during the initial investigation, Barnes said. The item was sent to the state crime lab, where scientists were able to identify Martinez as the suspect, he said.
Martinez is considered a fugitive in several other incidents in Carbon County and elsewhere in Utah, according to Barnes.
"He is from the Wasatch Front area and may be concealing himself there," the captain said, noting that Martinez is considered a threat to public safety and may be armed.
Anyone with information about Martinez is asked to call their local police department or 911.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: GeoffLiesik
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11