Price police ID suspect in armed robbery of grocery store
PRICE — Police say forensic evidence has helped them identify a suspect in Tuesday's armed robbery of a grocery store.
Officers are looking for Domonic Mathew Martinez, 28, in connection with the robbery of Smith's Food King store, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Martinez, who is also known by the street name "Cancerous" or "Canceris," is suspected of walking into the grocery store about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, showing a handgun to a clerk and demanding money, Barnes said.
The clerk complied, handing over an undisclosed amount of money, the captain said.
One of the responding officers recovered "an item of forensic evidence" at the crime scene during the initial investigation, Barnes said. The item was sent to the state crime lab, where scientists were able to identify Martinez as the suspect, he said.
Martinez is considered a fugitive in several other incidents in Carbon County and elsewhere in Utah, according to Barnes.
"He is from the Wasatch Front area and may be concealing himself there," the captain said, noting that Martinez is considered a threat to public safety and may be armed.
Anyone with information about Martinez is asked to call their local police department or 911.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: GeoffLiesik
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14