Driver hits 2 cars while attempting to flee, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A man attempting to evade police in a traffic stop hit two other cars and led officers on a brief foot chase Wednesday night, police said.
An officer said he noticed something suspicious about the vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop shortly after 6 p.m., but the driver took off, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
The driver headed down Kensington Avenue and drove through a red light at State Street, hitting two cars, Purvis said. The man's vehicle rolled, but he crawled out and fled on foot.
Only minor injuries were reported in the crash.
Salt Lake and Unified police officers worked to contain the area and brought in K-9 units to locate the man. He was taken into custody about 30 minutes later.
Purvis said police have identified the man's vehicle as stolen, but he wasn't cooperating with investigators.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12