Driver hits 2 cars while attempting to flee, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A man attempting to evade police in a traffic stop hit two other cars and led officers on a brief foot chase Wednesday night, police said.
An officer said he noticed something suspicious about the vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop shortly after 6 p.m., but the driver took off, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
The driver headed down Kensington Avenue and drove through a red light at State Street, hitting two cars, Purvis said. The man's vehicle rolled, but he crawled out and fled on foot.
Only minor injuries were reported in the crash.
Salt Lake and Unified police officers worked to contain the area and brought in K-9 units to locate the man. He was taken into custody about 30 minutes later.
Purvis said police have identified the man's vehicle as stolen, but he wasn't cooperating with investigators.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12