Driver hits 2 cars while attempting to flee, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A man attempting to evade police in a traffic stop hit two other cars and led officers on a brief foot chase Wednesday night, police said.
An officer said he noticed something suspicious about the vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop shortly after 6 p.m., but the driver took off, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
The driver headed down Kensington Avenue and drove through a red light at State Street, hitting two cars, Purvis said. The man's vehicle rolled, but he crawled out and fled on foot.
Only minor injuries were reported in the crash.
Salt Lake and Unified police officers worked to contain the area and brought in K-9 units to locate the man. He was taken into custody about 30 minutes later.
Purvis said police have identified the man's vehicle as stolen, but he wasn't cooperating with investigators.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12