Driver hits 2 cars while attempting to flee, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A man attempting to evade police in a traffic stop hit two other cars and led officers on a brief foot chase Wednesday night, police said.
An officer said he noticed something suspicious about the vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop shortly after 6 p.m., but the driver took off, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Brian Purvis.
The driver headed down Kensington Avenue and drove through a red light at State Street, hitting two cars, Purvis said. The man's vehicle rolled, but he crawled out and fled on foot.
Only minor injuries were reported in the crash.
Salt Lake and Unified police officers worked to contain the area and brought in K-9 units to locate the man. He was taken into custody about 30 minutes later.
Purvis said police have identified the man's vehicle as stolen, but he wasn't cooperating with investigators.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9