Jay Dortzbach, KSL
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed Wednesday night after being hit by multiple cars as she attempted to run across Interstate 80.
Orem resident Darcey Bulloch, 39, was a passenger in a car headed east on I-80. Investigators were told Bulloch had been drinking when she began to argue with the female driver, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Mike Loveland said.
Bulloch was adamant about wanting to exit the car, so the driver pulled over near Redwood Road about 6:35 p.m. Bulloch got out of the car, turned, and ran across three lanes of eastbound I-80, Loveland said.
Bulloch was hit by multiple cars and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Eastbound traffic was diverted onto I-215 for about two hours while officers managed the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22