Jay Dortzbach, KSL
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed Wednesday night after being hit by multiple cars as she attempted to run across Interstate 80.
Orem resident Darcey Bulloch, 39, was a passenger in a car headed east on I-80. Investigators were told Bulloch had been drinking when she began to argue with the female driver, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Mike Loveland said.
Bulloch was adamant about wanting to exit the car, so the driver pulled over near Redwood Road about 6:35 p.m. Bulloch got out of the car, turned, and ran across three lanes of eastbound I-80, Loveland said.
Bulloch was hit by multiple cars and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Eastbound traffic was diverted onto I-215 for about two hours while officers managed the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14