Jay Dortzbach, KSL
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed Wednesday night after being hit by multiple cars as she attempted to run across Interstate 80.
Orem resident Darcey Bulloch, 39, was a passenger in a car headed east on I-80. Investigators were told Bulloch had been drinking when she began to argue with the female driver, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Mike Loveland said.
Bulloch was adamant about wanting to exit the car, so the driver pulled over near Redwood Road about 6:35 p.m. Bulloch got out of the car, turned, and ran across three lanes of eastbound I-80, Loveland said.
Bulloch was hit by multiple cars and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Eastbound traffic was diverted onto I-215 for about two hours while officers managed the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12