Jay Dortzbach, KSL
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed Wednesday night after being hit by multiple cars as she attempted to run across Interstate 80.
Orem resident Darcey Bulloch, 39, was a passenger in a car headed east on I-80. Investigators were told Bulloch had been drinking when she began to argue with the female driver, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Mike Loveland said.
Bulloch was adamant about wanting to exit the car, so the driver pulled over near Redwood Road about 6:35 p.m. Bulloch got out of the car, turned, and ran across three lanes of eastbound I-80, Loveland said.
Bulloch was hit by multiple cars and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Eastbound traffic was diverted onto I-215 for about two hours while officers managed the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15