Sub for Santa needs sponsors to help provide clothing, toys and food for Christmas to Utah families
SALT LAKE CITY — This holiday season, the Deseret News and Salvation Army are making sure Santa Claus is coming to town for more than 100 Utah families.
The Sub for Santa Adopt a Family Program has teamed with other nonprofit organizations to find local families in crisis. There are families of two, three, four, five or more children. Individuals, families, youth groups, church groups, businesses and charity organizations can “adopt” one or more families and provide gifts of new clothing, toys and food for the Christmas holiday.
During the registration process, “volunteer Santas” can specify how many families they would like to sponsor and their preference on the number of people in the family and the ages of the children.
The deadline for participating is right around the corner. For parents wanting to apply for holiday assistance, the deadline is Friday, Dec. 6. Those wanting to be a “sub” for Santa Claus must register by Wednesday, Dec. 11. Sponsors can register online at deseretnews.com/sub-for-santa or call 801-878-4168. All registrants will then be sent a profile of their family assignment(s). The Salvation Army asks that all donations be delivered unwrapped to its Salt Lake location, 438 S. 900 West, on or before Monday, Dec. 16.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Want to conquer your fears? Embrace rejection
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 12
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3