'Heaven is for Real': Trailer released for movie detailing boy's visit to the other side
In 2003, Colton Burpo was 4 years old when his appendix ruptured. Because of an incorrect diagnosis, Colton's parents found themselves praying that their son would live.
Colton miraculously survived and surprised everyone with reports that during a living-saving operation he visited heaven.
The movie "Heaven is for Real" is based on a New York Times best-seller written by Colton's father, Rev. Todd Burpo, with co-writer Lynn Vincent, that tells of his son's experience.
Clips from the trailer share some of what Colton saw such as his great-grandfather and his miscarried sister.
Outside their small town of Imperial, Neb., word quickly spread regarding Colton's experience and the family landed a book deal. Now the movie will be released Easter 2014.
Produced by Sony Pictures, the film stars Greg Kinnear as Burpo; Kelly Reilly as Colton's mother, Sonja Burpo; and Connor Corum as Colton.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 26
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 19
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 7
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6