'Heaven is for Real': Trailer released for movie detailing boy's visit to the other side
In 2003, Colton Burpo was 4 years old when his appendix ruptured. Because of an incorrect diagnosis, Colton's parents found themselves praying that their son would live.
Colton miraculously survived and surprised everyone with reports that during a living-saving operation he visited heaven.
The movie "Heaven is for Real" is based on a New York Times best-seller written by Colton's father, Rev. Todd Burpo, with co-writer Lynn Vincent, that tells of his son's experience.
Clips from the trailer share some of what Colton saw such as his great-grandfather and his miscarried sister.
Outside their small town of Imperial, Neb., word quickly spread regarding Colton's experience and the family landed a book deal. Now the movie will be released Easter 2014.
Produced by Sony Pictures, the film stars Greg Kinnear as Burpo; Kelly Reilly as Colton's mother, Sonja Burpo; and Connor Corum as Colton.
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady relies on...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- See why this Christian mother is giving up...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 186
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 36
- LDS statement could move Utah... 29
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 15
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8
- Clark Gilbert named new president of... 8