Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District open enrollment period for the 2014-15 school year starts immediately after the Thanksgiving break.
Canyons schools will begin accepting standard open enrollment applications on Monday, Dec. 2. Schools will continue to accept the applications through Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
Students who want to attend a school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries must submit an application, which can be accessed at any district school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where the child would like to attend.
Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
The Canyons Board of Education has placed Corner Canyon High and Willow Springs Elementary on moratorium status, which means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year.
For more information, call the Canyons District Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5092.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16