Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District open enrollment period for the 2014-15 school year starts immediately after the Thanksgiving break.
Canyons schools will begin accepting standard open enrollment applications on Monday, Dec. 2. Schools will continue to accept the applications through Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
Students who want to attend a school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries must submit an application, which can be accessed at any district school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where the child would like to attend.
Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
The Canyons Board of Education has placed Corner Canyon High and Willow Springs Elementary on moratorium status, which means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year.
For more information, call the Canyons District Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5092.
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- Skiers celebrate snow and opening of Park...
- Weekend's frosting of snow to be followed by...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 49
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Firing squads could be legal again in Utah 16