Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District open enrollment period for the 2014-15 school year starts immediately after the Thanksgiving break.
Canyons schools will begin accepting standard open enrollment applications on Monday, Dec. 2. Schools will continue to accept the applications through Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
Students who want to attend a school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries must submit an application, which can be accessed at any district school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where the child would like to attend.
Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
The Canyons Board of Education has placed Corner Canyon High and Willow Springs Elementary on moratorium status, which means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year.
For more information, call the Canyons District Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5092.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10