Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District open enrollment period for the 2014-15 school year starts immediately after the Thanksgiving break.
Canyons schools will begin accepting standard open enrollment applications on Monday, Dec. 2. Schools will continue to accept the applications through Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
Students who want to attend a school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries must submit an application, which can be accessed at any district school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where the child would like to attend.
Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
The Canyons Board of Education has placed Corner Canyon High and Willow Springs Elementary on moratorium status, which means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year.
For more information, call the Canyons District Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5092.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12