Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District open enrollment period for the 2014-15 school year starts immediately after the Thanksgiving break.
Canyons schools will begin accepting standard open enrollment applications on Monday, Dec. 2. Schools will continue to accept the applications through Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
Students who want to attend a school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries must submit an application, which can be accessed at any district school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where the child would like to attend.
Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
The Canyons Board of Education has placed Corner Canyon High and Willow Springs Elementary on moratorium status, which means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year.
For more information, call the Canyons District Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5092.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 58
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 42
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 42
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 16
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 16