Rick Bowmer, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Division of Air Quality is seeking projects to award $250,000 in grants and $250,000 in loans from the Clean Fuels Grant and Loan Program.
Funds are awarded annually to help businesses and government entities purchase clean fuel technologies that reduce emissions and improve Utah's air quality.
"The success of past clean fuel projects funded through this program demonstrates the commitment local governments and businesses make to help alleviate the unique air quality challenges we face in Utah," said Amanda Smith, executive director of the Utah Department of Environmental Quality. "We look forward to seeing a diverse set of applicants and projects to award grants and loans to this coming year."
Since 2009, the division has awarded more than $1.2 million in grants and $366,667 in loans. Projects have included the conversion of cars, trucks and shuttle buses to natural gas, as well as the purchase of natural gas refuse trucks, freight trucks, transit buses, street sweepers, aerial truck towers, glass recycling vehicles and refueling stations.
Grant and loan proposals must be submitted to the division by 5 p.m. on Dec. 12. Detailed application submission requirements are available at www.cleanfuels.utah.gov. The awards will be announced in March 2014.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16