Rick Bowmer, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Division of Air Quality is seeking projects to award $250,000 in grants and $250,000 in loans from the Clean Fuels Grant and Loan Program.
Funds are awarded annually to help businesses and government entities purchase clean fuel technologies that reduce emissions and improve Utah's air quality.
"The success of past clean fuel projects funded through this program demonstrates the commitment local governments and businesses make to help alleviate the unique air quality challenges we face in Utah," said Amanda Smith, executive director of the Utah Department of Environmental Quality. "We look forward to seeing a diverse set of applicants and projects to award grants and loans to this coming year."
Since 2009, the division has awarded more than $1.2 million in grants and $366,667 in loans. Projects have included the conversion of cars, trucks and shuttle buses to natural gas, as well as the purchase of natural gas refuse trucks, freight trucks, transit buses, street sweepers, aerial truck towers, glass recycling vehicles and refueling stations.
Grant and loan proposals must be submitted to the division by 5 p.m. on Dec. 12. Detailed application submission requirements are available at www.cleanfuels.utah.gov. The awards will be announced in March 2014.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 52
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Families protest at final prison... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15