5 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (not imitation)
1-1 ½ cups whole cashews, chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
½ cup hot fudge, warmed
1-2 cups sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
1 7-ounce "giant" milk chocolate bar (to make chocolate curls, optional)
Note: Small chocolate bars can be used but the "curls" will be smaller
Preheat oven to 425
Put white sugar, brown sugar and flour into a medium bowl. Mix until blended.
Add eggs, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla and mix until well blended. Add melted chocolate and incorporate into mixture. Add cashews and mix again.
Pour batter into unbaked pie shell(s).
Bake for 10 minutes and after 10 minutes lower oven heat to 350 degrees and shield pie edges with aluminum foil wrapped around the fluted pie crust edge. (The pie crust edges will get way to dark if you don’t).
Bake a total of about 50 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until completely set.
Note: If using a deep dish pie shell baking time may need to be longer.
When pie is done remove from oven and cool completely.
For the chocolate curls: While pie is baking, open chocolate bar and with a vegetable peeler press against the chocolate on the long narrow edge pulling peeler to make curls letting fall onto a plate. When finished making desired number, put plate in freezer to keep cold.
To serve: Cut pie into 8 or more pieces. Drizzle hot fudge over each plated piece of pie. Put a mound of the whipped cream on top of each piece and sprinkle the chocolate curls on top.
If desired add two or three small red berries and a mint leaf on whipped cream for an additional garnish to give the pie a "holiday" feel.
— Nancy Judd
Sharon Haddock is a professional writer with more than 35 years experience, 17 at the Deseret News. Her personal blog is at sharonhaddock.blogspot.com.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 82
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 55
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14