Our government leaders seem constantly obsessed with coming up with new ways of taking care of us. One problem with this is we are already borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent. How can we afford to increase food stamps, expand Medicaid and subsidize a majority of people's health care premiums? If they would spend as much time working on the economy, creating an environment in which jobs could be created here in the U.S., people could actually take care of themselves.
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Letter: Our public lands
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17