A sweet, nutty treat that may just be the hit of your holiday table
Want a sweet treat at your Thanksgiving table that is also a breeze to make? My honey-sweetened nut treats are so tasty and delicious and yet they only have four ingredients.
It is almost embarrassing how easy these are to make, and they look like something from an elegant dinner party. The light and crispy shell is simply pre-made filo cups. Filo, phyllo — it’s that Greek pastry that is so light and crispy in Baklava. You find them in the frozen dessert pastry section of the grocery store, and that is probably the most difficult part of this recipe.
You can use any nuts, but I prefer pecans or walnuts. You can buy them already finely diced and ready to go. These little treats can be a sweet appetizer when your guests arrive or part of a dessert buffet. And once you realize how easy and tasty they are, you’ll be serving them at dinners, pot lucks and super bowl parties too.
Belle’s Honey Sweetened Nut Cups
15 (1.09-ounce package) frozen filo mini shells
½ cup pecans, finely diced
¼ cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
Arrange the filo cups on a cookie sheet or in mini muffin tins. Fill with diced nuts (about a teaspoonful each cup). In a small bowl, mix the honey with vanilla. Using a small spoon, drizzle about a teaspoon of the honey mixture over each of the nut-filled cups. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The dark side of how society treats boys
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Motherhood Matters: What do you focus on?
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 9
- The dark side of how society treats boys 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2