NORTH SALT LAKE — The public is invited to offer input as officials assess transit needs in southern Davis County.
An open house will be held on Dec. 11 at 5:30 p.m. at North Salt Lake City Hall, 10 E. Center, to get ideas and opinions from people on the future of transit between south Davis County and downtown Salt Lake City.
The Utah Transit Authority is partnering with Bountiful, North Salt Lake, Salt Lake City, Davis County and the Wasatch Front Regional Council to conduct an Alternatives Analysis study. The focus of the study is to better understand current and future transit needs of people living in southern Davis County through the planning horizon of 2040.
The study area includes Bountiful, North Salt Lake, downtown Salt Lake City and connections to the Woods Cross FrontRunner station. Considering the nature of the corridor and extended potential transit needs further north of the study area, Woods Cross, West Bountiful, Centerville, and Farmington are included as planning influence areas.
Information about potential transit alignments, travel data, and public involvement results will be shared at the public open house. UTA and its partners are seeking public comment on the need for additional transit service, potential transit alignments, modes of transportation and possible destinations.
The current study will cover a smaller geographic area than former studies.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Women innovators leading by example
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9